Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sorry Mum

According to The Age (online) Japan is all better now; it's time to worry about Libya. By the way, did you know Christchurch mended its self? Herald Sun has one banner linking to older articles, otherwise it's Libya Libya Libya! ABC saves the day with one non-melodramatic article. I guess over the next week Japan will mend its self just like Christchurch (and Haiti, Pakistan, QLD, and all the others I can't remember because they're no longer the most exciting thing to report on) We’re like children with a new toy bigger than her others, which are left to the moths.

I caved in to the OD temptation, I tried really hard, I put it off for over three hours after writing that post and I only took about three quarters of what I had (not that it would have made much difference). No complaints about the ED this time, I was asleep almost the whole time – thankfully that included when the put the catheter in, removal just felt odd. My heart exceeded 170bpm. The last things I remember before falling asleep are being very agitated but I couldn’t move because I was hooked up to multiple machines, I kept begging them to take them off so I could move. I remember the arterial line going in – didn’t hurt at all, but I don’t remember the IV. Apparently they did an ultrasound at some point. After I woke up the CAT team tried to talk to me but I couldn’t speak, it was like my tongue had been anesthetised and I kept drifting off and being rudely woken again, he gave up and a few hours later one of his colleagues came back, I was a little more talkative, but not a great deal. End result was coming home at about 4pm yesterday stumbling around everywhere. They didn’t give me charcoal, said it’s ineffective for these drugs, if they pumped my stomach I was out and they didn’t tell me about it. From what I could gather all they did was give me heaps of fluids to wash it out and monitor me. I’ll think twice before doing that again. In about half an hour I’ll be driving to see L, not sure if I should since I’m not quite steady on my feet, but I’ll try.

My tummy hurts....

No comments:

Post a Comment