Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No Answer

The answer to my desperate search for knowledge of my unconsciousness was “not much”. I was in the hospital for 20 hours, unconscious for at least 15, it would be weird to go back and ask wouldn’t it? My GP didn’t get any discharge papers, that’s odd, maybe they’re a little slow getting them out, I just want to know! I’ve continued to feel lethargic, dizzy, nauseous and headachy; this wasn’t helped by having a wisdom tooth removed this morning. I hope the tooth is responsible for me feeling worse today, it’s so hard to tell what is responsible for what; last night was my first dose of Seroquel post O.D, so that could be a contributor, I also had to take two Yaz on Sunday night because I’d missed one, they cause all of the above symptoms too. I missed uni again today, there’s no way I could have gone feeling like this, I had a short but severe dizzy spell whilst driving home from my psychologist appointment, I thought I was going to faint – and I was at a major intersection! I’ve spent the afternoon either in or on bed, currently on! I’ve been having even more bizarre dreams and nightmares this week. I just wrote one in here but deleted it because it’s too messy to read, suffice to say that within one dream I was a hospitality worker, a rescuer, a wannabe celebrity, a child and an adult traveller in America looking across an ocean at a huge ski resort with no lifts but it was in one of the southern states where they don’t get snow.

This post has taken about six hours to write – on and off – interrupted by naps, reading, stressing about missed uni classes, eating, feeling sorry for myself and that’s about it. It’s 9pm and I think I’m going to go to sleep, I can’t do uni work in this state, maybe if I get up early I can avoid looking like a fool in class tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm no doctor, but based on what I've learnt from various sources post overdoses the fact that you had an art-line would indicate this was fairly serious. This, combined with experiences of ODing on what you ODed on I would say you could expect these symptoms to continue for up to a week depending on quantities you took.

    The best way to get information is to contact the hospital freedom of information officer to get access to your file, but this can take weeks in some cases. Alternatively, make an appointment with your GP and get them to call the hospital medical records and get a copy of your discharge summary faxed to the clinic immediately - you can give your permission verbally over the phone.

    Again, no doctor, but I'd say the drugs they use to extract the wisdom tooth would definitely make things worse. Also, probably a good idea to lay off the driving to you feel better, your insurance isn't covering you at the moment. B

    ReplyDelete