Monday, March 14, 2011

Degrees

I’m waiting for glorious medication induced sleep to kick in. It has been an acceptable weekend. I had to make a late night trip to my parents’ on Friday so I could get my car fixed on Saturday morning, it ended up happening this morning, but oh well – free water pump and labour thanks to daddy and his mechanic friend. I dislike my car, it was purchased for me without consult, and while it was a significant upgrade from my previous car, I don’t appreciate it. I am not a mother of four, or a 19 year-old petrol head, I don’t need a Falcon. Hopefully when my brother turns 18 in August he’ll inherit my car and I can have some say in what I get... Hopefully. I know it sounds horrible complaining about a gift, I just would have liked some input.

I think church was good tonight, I was feeling a little anxious, but I listened. Lesson learnt: Prayer is a very important evangelistic tool. I went to the water closet during prayer time, it was in groups and I didn’t want to talk, plus I hadn’t looked in the mirror for ages and my hair felt funny. I had a few good chats afterwards and actually stayed long enough to get kicked out. I then arrived at the after party dinner, where I met four new people, two of whom I spoke with quite a lot, it’s amazing how small Christian circles are, I’m sure if I added them on facebook we’d have dozens of mutual friends. I have actually looked them up, but thought it too stalker-ish to add them mere hours after our meeting, but now that I think about it a little more, this is worse...

Ahha! Hello medication. It is time for sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment