Monday, June 14, 2010

West


There have been talks since a few days after my admission to this hospital of where I would go on discharge. I currently live in Melbourne’s Eastern suburbs in a terrace house, shared with a house mate; we aren’t very close because for the last three years I have hardly stayed there. I’ve predominately been living at my, now ex’s house, in the Dandenong Ranges. My two friends are lovely and I know they care about me but I could never ask to stay with them. I am a needy burden at the moment, not a fun person to have around. I would happily go back to my own house and look after myself but neither my doctor nor parents will hear of it; this leaves me with only one option, to stay with my parents for a while. There are several problems with staying at their house. Third from the top of the problem list is the fact that they live in the Western suburbs. I hate the Western suburbs. I grew up in Werribee and didn’t mind it so much because I didn’t know what I was missing. After four years in the Eastern suburbs, and more so in the ranges with all the trees, hills and wildlife I really feel the difference once I get to the Westgate freeway. There is no beauty near my parents’ home, few birds, brown grass and 20 trees in the entire suburb. Even my cheap terrace rental is on a lovely maple lined street. My complaint seems minor, but beauty – or lack of it - has a real affect on me. I will be an obedient patient and daughter and stay with my family for a short time, but the time will be spent longing for my dearly loved trees and hills. Coffee! I forgot about the coffee, maybe I should just stay in hospital, it’s a seven minute walk to a good Toorak Rd coffee shop...

No comments:

Post a Comment