Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cafe Bliss

If you feel like bumping into me whilst I am incarcerated try dropping into Cafe Bliss at 1393 Toorak Rd Camberwell (they say Camberwell, but really it’s Burwood). Cafe Bliss has become my temporary coffee haunt since I’ve been granted unaccompanied leave. I am yet to experience a bad coffee there, I certainly won’t be adding them to my list of favourites, but they are getting me through this tough time. The two baristas who have had the challenge of pleasing me have done a reasonable job. I have been seated in a fabulous position to spy on them, and they care enough to make sure everything is clean and they follow the appropriate steps. I think they just need a little more time to perfect their art – and a better bean wouldn’t hurt. One barista is better than the other, but his milk is a little too hot – not burnt, just not immediately enjoyable; the other provides milk of a good temperature, but a little too frothy and he allows the coffee to sit too long before pouring the milk, which also waited a little too long and as a result separated too much. I can’t offer you a food review, except to mention that they order in their cakes and biscuits, few establishments can be bothered to make their own and it’s really disappointing because it makes all the difference. Being ‘fragile’ at the moment, comfort food is... comforting; so I can give a positive mention to their fries, having experienced them twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment