Friday, June 11, 2010

Seroquel 2

Written 10.06.2010

I have a love hate relationship with Seroquel. I like that it gives me a very sound sleep; I’ve never had so little trouble falling asleep. It does, however, scare me when it starts to kick in. It is supposed to relax me, and I had a similar feeling when I was new to valium. Unlike valium though, I feel like I’m going to stop breathing because I’m that relaxed. I feel each part of my body becoming more of a burden to support. I always go to bed immediately after taking it because I know that if it kicks in whilst I’m across the hospital from my bedroom that I won’t make it back! I’m feeling much more alert today, yesterday the drug still had a strong daytime groggy effect and it is definitely there today, but less so. I walked out of my therapy session half way through yesterday because I was beginning to fall asleep as we were talking about our art work. It worried a few of the group members that I left but I felt that I only had two options... to fall asleep on my picture or to fall asleep on my bed, I chose bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment