Saturday, June 26, 2010

Visit

I had a nice night with the ex last night. He came to visit and I got through the whole night without tears, that is until the second he left and the string holding my heart together snapped. About half an hour before his visit a lovely Filipino (?) woman approached me in the hall, stroked my cheek and said I have the most beautiful face, she then walked on, within a few minutes she was walking back the other way, she stopped pointed at me and said “don’t you forget”. I’m more than a little overweight at the moment, but when I’m not fat I’d actually agree with her, I do have a nice face. A nice face isn’t enough to keep a man though, or get one it seems. The ex was my first boyfriend and I didn’t get him until I was 21, hardly anyone had looked twice at me before that. Now I’m 25, 15 kilos heavier and in possession of a fantastic mental illness. Bring on spinsterhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment