Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Liberated

*** I am sick of referring to the ex as the ex, so from this post onwards he will be “M” ***

After a lengthy argument with my mother I was allowed to pick up my car from M’s house yesterday. Mum was concerned about me driving with the new cocktail of drugs flowing through my bloodstream - not an unfounded concern, given that I’m exhausted most of the time and am experiencing significant dizzy spells - but I think I’m safe to drive if I’m well rested. It is nice to have my own transport again and the assurance that comes with it, if things become too heated here I can just get in my car and escape for a few hours, or days if need be. M had been taking the car for a run each weekend to keep the battery charged but didn’t get chance last weekend, and so yesterday I got my first experience of jump starting a car.

As well as getting the car I got to spend two hours playing with Lester while Mum packed some of my things, it was so good to see him. We played with his new feather on a stick toy and we played fetch - though it was really throw because he only brought it back twice – we play wrestled and I got my first love scratch in over a month. I don’t know how good the memory of a cat is, I hope he remembers me but I’m not sure. He’s definitely the same cat I left a little over a month ago, so playful and excited by everything (and slightly violent).

The time at M’s house was followed by an appointment with my psychologist who is also out that way, I think she will be invaluable over coming months, on discharge my psychiatrist was very keen for me to re-connect with her. The session was really more of a catch up rather than having any real direction, she is waiting for my discharge papers to arrive before deciding what exactly to do with me.

1 comment:

  1. had you wanted a love scratch i so could have helped you out last time i saw you!!

    ReplyDelete