Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The New, New Room

This morning the woman I share the en suite with confronted me in one of the maze like corridors asking that I stop turning off the bathroom heater after she has turned it on; A reasonable request one may think, but the thing is it’s always on and if I didn’t turn it off no one would. The heat seeps under the door and my room becomes sauna-like, so leaving it on permanently isn’t an option. I couldn’t get a word in with her when I tried to protest and so asked her nurse for the day to try and communicate my opinion to her. Later I made a passing comment to another nurse, asking if this woman was the type of person who would kill me in my sleep over a minor disagreement, the answer was no, but I think the question made more of a statement about me than her... I now have a new room with my own en suite in the newer part of the hospital. It is much better, but unfortunately right in-front of reception and the nurses’ station, so quite loud. Seroquel – my friend – will fix that problem; I have no choice but to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment