Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Five Mattress Protectors Don’t Make a Hard Bed Soft

I have now been in hospital for 27 days. To put my next paragraph into perspective I will remind you that four of those days were spent in a different hospital on a fairly loud ward.

Except for the very first night at hospital number one - which was spent in an emergency department with buzzers constantly going off and nurses running everywhere - last night was the worst night’s sleep I’ve had since admission! My new room is so loud, my bed is hard and the newer part of the hospital is centrally heated, meaning that it is hotter than I would like at night, but colder than I like to be during the day. I know this is just being fussy, I’m fortunate to have private health insurance, otherwise I’d have spent a few days in a public facility in worse conditions and been discharged once they’d had enough of me. But still I miss the squishy bed, the silence and alterable temperature of my last room. I could have just slept with a chair against the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment