Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The New Room

On Saturday I was fortunate enough to be moved out of the aged care section of the hospital into my very own room. Unfortunately I have to share the en suite with the neighbouring room, but I can live with that. My mum was here at the time of the move and noted that it smelt too much like hospital, this had to be fixed! I’ve always hated aerosols and plug in air fresheners; we agreed that an exposed flame would not be permitted in a psych hospital so this made scented candles a no-go. I’ve been seeing aromatic reed diffusers around a lot recently and I thought they were quite gimmicky - until now. My room smells beautiful, almost as good as if I had an oil burner going (another thing I can’t have due to the open flame issue), it doesn’t look too bad either. It’s not life changing, but having a nice smelling room does lift the mood a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment