Monday, May 23, 2011

It's back

I’m currently babysitting S, an almost three year-old who is very busy making play-dough animals. I should be at Bible study, but I’d rather hang with S; and after my behaviour last week they’re probably glad I’m not there!
I wrote a post earlier today but was wise enough not to share it, I think it would have resulted in the loss of 90% of my friendships. I’ve been a big ball of fury this past week; I suppose that will soon come to an end, GP basically forced me to start taking Lovan again, no surprises there given Friday night’s saga and this morning’s “accident”. I wish I had a different psychiatrist, I really need an admission but I’m not going public again, I’d rather risk my impulsivity. It’s 15 days until my next psych appointment, so I’ve got to hold it together until I’ve seen him and he’s had time to handball me – and the new Dr accepted me – it’s probably going to be a month or so before all that happens. Rico is good for me though, gives me some responsibility and constant company, he didn’t get a walk today, it hardly stopped raining, but he’s having an adventure tomorrow. S has hardly made a peep, I think I’ll see if she wants to do something else.

7 comments:

  1. Just wondering how you could have put yourself into an induced lengthy sleep the other night and day when you have an innocent puppy dependent upon you to feed, walk, and cuddle him? Do you think it might be wise to find RIico a family that can put him first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so harsh. Can't you see that the benefits so far of her having a dog have been great for her mood? Can't you see the changes in her writing style when she talks about the dog versus her illness? She has only been unwell the last few days because she has gone off the meds; she's now going back on them so that will help. The dog is giving her something to live for and focus on aside from her mental state. He is at no risk of malnourishment or lack of care; she has housemates. R

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was 8 hours! I have two house mates, he was fed and super-watered just before I left, he lives in the house and has a dog door. He was just fine, but happy to see me. Having him gives me a reason to WANT to stay out of hospital, he has a job to do and there is no risk of neglect if I am out of action for a few days - or weeks for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks R! You beat me to it by a few seconds by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I stand corrected! Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your humility anonymous. It's a rare trait these days. R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey K, sorry to hear you've been having such a bad time of things. I've been very under pressure at school myself, and rehearsals every night, so I wasn't at Church or Small Group Monday. It seems I don't know what has been happening..."induced lengthy sleep?" What's going on??

    Hope you are okay now. I'm a bit worried because I don't know what everyone is talking about.

    K

    ReplyDelete