Friday, August 20, 2010

Rush

This had to be done in a hurry because until today I thought I'd be going in early next week, at 6:30 tonight the hospital called and asked me to be there at 10am tomorrow!

Pre-Admission Shopping List


  • Ear Plugs in-case I am put in one of the rooms near the nurses station or one of the rooms near the main road.

  • New earphones, the apple ones are too big for my ears and constantly fall out and my awesome koss ones got damaged from me sleeping with them on last time I was in hospital.

  • New summer pyjamas in-case I am in one of the nice new rooms with the rock hard beds and the central heating which doesn’t get turned down at night.

  • A big knife to defend my-self from the mean en-suite heater hog in the room next door, who wants to kill me in my sleep, (Refer to 22/6/10 post The New, New Room) this will need to be carefully concealed to get past the admission bag check, any smuggling tips would be greatly appreciated.

  • New winter pyjamas and slippers, these were bought for me last time and they are far too bright, pink slippers and bright blue pyjamas – yuk!

  • Tea and coffee bags, they have bad tea and only instant coffee, but there’s a great cafe only a short walk away.

  • Something to make my room smell pleasant.

  • An invisibility and muting collar for Lester so he can come with me.

  • Hand soap, you’d think being a hospital and all they’d be pro clean hands, but no. Provide your own soap or it’s gastro for you my lovelies.

  • Chocolate, just a little bit, they feed us far too much in there.

  • Audio books, don’t have the brain power to remember anything I read so hopefully these will help me not rot my mind with movies and television

  • And after that last comment about rotting my mind... A handful of weekly movie rentals

2 comments:

  1. All the best K. Pray that it will be quick and that you will be able to rest and recuperate. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beck, hope you're both well.

    ReplyDelete