Monday, August 9, 2010

Mystery Man

As I walked from my car to the hospital today a young man approached me from the direction I was headed. I could tell as he approached that he was going to talk to me - I just hoped that he wouldn’t - sure enough as we got closer he opened his mouth and the following spewed forth:
Young Man: I’m going to Burwood
K: Oh
YM: It was a fake
K: looks confused
YM: Iron, my sisters iron but the plug... It was not a real plug, it was a fake, a fake plug.
K: Oh,  that sucks, ummm see ya
YM: Bye

Given the proximity to the hospital I assumed he was an inpatient going for a walk to the shops, just like I did nearly every day when I was there. The most troubling this about this scenario, though, is that I turned around only a couple of seconds after we’d finished talking and he was gone, he either ducked behind a fence really quickly or I imagined the whole thing. What sucks is that I doubt myself, I should be sure of what is real and what is not. Whilst I am quite sure the young man and the conversation were real, I am also aware that my dreams do tend to invade reality, I wonder if this was a micro sleep or something. I’m so sure it was real, it had to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment