Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rain and Long Haired Dogs

Rico just had his first walk since Sunday partly due to my knee injury, partly due to the rain. It’s bad enough when he comes inside after 30 seconds in the garden for a wee, but with those hairy paws collecting every drop of water they touch, walking in the rain is not something I’m keen to do with him. Because I’m not supposed to walk too much until GP has decided what’s wrong with my knee, I took him to a local sports oval which is fully fenced -cocker spaniels in general have terrible road sense – I realised as we left that it doubles as a flood basin; that would explain why he had a nice muddy swim in the middle of the field! I think it’s time to buy him some doggy gumboots. I walked two laps of the oval and shouldn’t have, my knee is in agony and I don’t have any ibuprofen in the house, paracetamol does nothing for it.

I have one monologue left to write and then I’m finished with uni for the semester, it should only take an hour to write and then another hour to clean up the rest of the script. I saw the new psychologist today, she’s lovely and I really like the clinic, it’s a beautiful old house decorated like a grandma’s place, very cosy. Of course though things can’t be perfect... She’s pregnant, so can only see me for a few months, if I get into the October DBT intake that’ll be okay though  because they ask you to stop seeing your own psychologist.

If you prayed for me, thanks! I slept 8-9 hours the night before last and got some sleep last night too. 

1 comment:

  1. SO glad to hear you got some sleep. So, so glad! Also good is the news about the psychologist. Hope to see you again soon...I've marked three classes of exams and written about the same number of reports. Three more to go....

    K

    ReplyDelete