Friday, April 22, 2011

Three Days

My plan was to go to church this morning; because my body has not been allowing me to sleep more than 6-7 hours I decided not to set an alarm, since I’d most likely wake at 7am anyway. I woke at 9:45 – church started at 10. I should have been annoyed, but instead I’m grateful for the first long sleep in a while, I’ll go tonight instead. My cough is still present, but much less severe, I saw a GP on Wednesday evening who prescribed a strong codeine liquid, purely symptomatic relief, but that’s fine with me.

Yesterday was nice; I got to hang out with R and her beautiful daughter. R has a lot of experience in dealing with nasty situations, so I asked her to help me script my phone call to the psych triage manager. The complaint will be done in writing, but a phone call is the first step, sadly when I called she was in a meeting and went straight home from there, it’ll be Wednesday before I got to speak to her. I’ve decided to ask for a written apology (though R says organisations are often reluctant to admit fault in ink, so it may be verbal) and for career counselling / specific training regarding personality disorders for the person responsible, several people have reminded me that professionals often hold a prejudice against personality disorder sufferers, and thinking back to the night I can see that’s what it was.

Today I celebrated not feeling sick for the first time in weeks by eating three toasted hot cross buns for breakfast, deliciously naughty! It’s amazing the impact my physical condition has on my mental state, this is the first day in weeks I haven’t felt completely terrible. I just attempted a haircut, fringe is passable, I gave up on the rest after taking a big chunk out of the left side, curls are great for disguising things like that...

Since this is a bit of a nothing post I’m not going to link it through facebook, it’s just here for history’s sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment