Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Return of the Hermit

I received a call at 4:20 this afternoon asking why I was not at my psychologist appointment. Somehow I left our last conversation with the understanding that my appointment was this Friday at 4 she, however, left the conversation with the understanding that my appointment was today at 4:15. I am fortunate that she has a spot available on Friday anyway, but that is very lucky, you don’t miss appointments with such a busy person who could have got their $150 an hour from someone else. One more offence and I’ll be dumped by her too!

It is nice to be home enjoying my solitude, yesterday I didn’t leave the house and saw only my house mate and a man who came to test the smoke alarms. Today was rather busy, I had two catch ups with friends (in the same cafe), bought some vases and flowers and went shopping for a coffee table – I want a massive one which will suit my lounge suite, it is proving difficult to find. Now I’m at home for a short respite before braving the public again to buy salad ingredients; I’m trying to eat as little as possible without passing out, I’m sick of being morbidly obese. I dropped 4kg before Coffs and put on 2kg there, I’m not impressed. The two coffee dates didn’t help my cause today, I only had poached eggs, but I shouldn’t have had the bread. I’m putting off doing the shopping because I currently want to decorate my abdomen and I don’t have razors, I don’t know I’ll have the will power to not buy them and once they’re in the house it’s party time! This is where my food phobias come in handy, I can’t use kitchen knives for such a purpose because then I’d never want to cook with them again, so I can’t just do it on a whim; also my house mate has had a few vege chopping accidents and despite being thoroughly cleaned I couldn’t knowingly use the same knives. On a positive note I’m feeling better than I was a few days ago, sure I want to slice my belly open, but I don’t want to get decapitated by a train today.

I’m interviewing a potential house mate tonight and hopefully another tomorrow, I’m really keen on tomorrow’s, she seems lovely and she comes with a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment