Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Surprise!

They do like to spring things on you at this hospital of mine. I was told yesterday that I needed to be re-admitted and there would be a wait of around a week. That’s fine, I just need to try and behave until then. This afternoon I receive a phone-call “Can you be here by 4:30?” that’s worse than last time’s 6pm “Can you be here by 10am?” I said I would go in today but then he explained that they only had a shared room available, I am not sharing a room so I have to wait. Given they seem to like surprising me with only a few hours to get there I’m going to do most of my packing tonight so I’m ready to go at the drop of a hat. This admission will be about 2 weeks, maybe a little longer since it’s for a drug change-over. This will bring my total hospitalisation time for this year up to 3 months and 1 week - that’s a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment