Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ten Days Out

I’m a little sad to be returning to Blogspot; Wordpress is so much better for the readers, but it’s a bitch to use and has put me off blogging; thus I return.

For posts between 6/1/14 and today go to onereclusivegirl.wordpress.com

I’ve been home from hospital for 10 days, during which time I’ve lost 4 of the 10 kilos I gained during my admission. I’ve achieved the weight-loss by doing nothing more radical than two swims and not eating such vast amounts. I’ve got a long way to go, I was big before admission, now I’m huge. I have a pouch to rival the most experienced mother kangaroo.

My body has been sore since discharge, I’m assuming it’s a result of 6 weeks of inactivity. My left hand is very swollen and my right foot doesn’t seem to remember the concept of walking. I’m not allowed to take anti-inflammatories whilst on Lithium and Panadol and Panadeine do nothing at all. To top it off I dropped my car bonnet on my arm twice (don’t ask) on Sunday, giving me two large bruises.

I started out patient art therapy last week, it goes for 5 hours rather than the 1.5 we get in hospital and it was great. My other therapy group was not so great, that’s a full day on a Wednesday and I left early and really don’t want to go tomorrow. It’s supposed to be informative, but instead most of the day is spent listening to fellow group members complain, at its worst you might get half an hour about someone’s dog being sick and that making them stressed. I know people need to talk about what’s going on but it’s not the right forum and the psychologists leading it do nothing to discourage it and kind of fuel it.


Abrupt ending, I don’t know what else to write and my hand hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment