Monday, June 3, 2013

Next Time You're in a Womb Don't Try to be Different - Just Grow Normally

PAIN! Do you think if euthanasia was legal in Australia hip dysplasia would be a qualifying condition? Oh fuck it hurts right now. My kind physiotherapist and GP have both blessed me with the news that this is only going to get slowly worse over many years, eventuating in a hip replacement, and if I’m lucky it will only be the left side. Today I got to experience two other types of pain also. I had my breasts squeezed in a torturous instrument commonly known as a mammography unit, but I think it should be re-named mammary pancake maker. That was followed by a very long ultrasound, which kind of made up for the pain, as it was sort of like a massage, only sticky. To accompany the hip and boob pain I’ve also been enjoying the normal every day emotional pain, the knowledge that I am merely a hollow pile of skin bone blood and fat. On the fat front, I’m trying a new tactic, only mandarins after 4pm – since I get up at 12, that should work.

I sung at church last night for the first time since fish decided to walk. I also beed nice to people.

I’m going to find somewhere warm and soft where I can sob in pain now. Maybe I could have it cut off...

No comments:

Post a Comment