Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Can Fly

Day two not on any antidepressant and I haven't killed myself yet. That pretty much makes me a superhero. I assume it's still in my system though, we'll see how the next week goes.

Just out of boredom and because it helps my memory I was reading through my blog a few nights ago and discovered this gem written May 25th last year:
"My doctor (G) came to see me this evening and he had some interesting news, my genetic medication test finally came back. I think I wrote about it but I'll refresh you; it's a test to see how I metabolise drugs, whether I hyper metabolise, don't at all or if I'm normal. There are several categories the drugs fall into, I metabolise all but one normally, the other category I can't metabolise and lucky me - Cymbalta is in that. G said that explains why I'm having side effects even at a very low dose and that he'd like to take me off it and start me on another one as soon as possible."
Cymbalta is the drug I've just quit - again! He put me back on it a few months ago during my last admission, obviously forgetting about the testing and of course I didn't remember, thanks to ECT I'm lucky I can remember my own name, no no it's not that bad, my name's Maureen, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment